I was born and raised in El Dorado the son of James & Edith Baine. I married my wife Jennifer in 2004. She is an Assistant Professor at South Arkansas Community College.
County & State Government:
I have been elected six consecutive times (2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010) to the Union County Quorum Court to serve you as a Justice of the Peace. The Quorum Court is a county level parallel to the State Legislature in that it provides oversight to county offices and reviews and adjusts the county budget.
I served as the Union County Delegate to the Arkansas Association of Quorum Courts (2003 – 2012), which is part of the Association of Arkansas Counties. We worked to educate Quorum Courts on changes to state law, and we offer the Arkansas Legislature ideas on how to make the laws better for county residents.
I was appointed by Governor Mike Beebe to the Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources Advisory Committee at Smackover (2008 – Present). We advise the Arkansas State Parks on the future role of the Museum.
Private Sector Work:
I have worked continuously in the private sector since 1999 when I opened my first business, JABWeb, which I sold in 2003. Today I work as an accountant for Murphy Oil USA, Inc. I also work with my father and my wife in our family timberland business. I know what it takes to manage a budget, to make payroll, and to get results.
- Accountant, Murphy USA Inc. (2013 – Present)
- Accountant, Murphy Oil Corporation (2007 – 2013)
- Accountant, Medical Center of South Arkansas (2003 – 2007)
- General Manager, JABWeb (1999 – 2003)
Education has been a major reason behind my successes, and I believe a quality education is critical to the success of future generations for our area.
- Louisiana Tech University (Master of Professional Accountancy)
- Arkansas State University (Bachelor of Science in Accountancy)
- Arkansas State University (Master of Public Administration)
- University of Mississippi (Bachelor of Public Administration)
- El Dorado High School
I have long been involved in the Jaycees, sometimes called The Junior Chamber. It is an organization of young leaders across the country with the intent of building future leaders in our communities through community involvement and leadership training. There are local Jaycees organizations across Arkansas. As a Certified National Trainer, I lead training programs in Arkansas communities as well as nationally.
Some of the leadership roles within the Jaycees I have served:
- Vice-President, The United States Junior Chamber (2011)
- Chair, The United States Junior Chamber Training Task Force (2010)
- President, The Arkansas Junior Chamber (2008)
- President, The El Dorado Junior Chamber (2006)
Some recognition from my involvement:
- Recipient of the Dennis Hamilton Memorial Award as an Outstanding State Vice-President of the Year by The United States Junior Chamber for 2007. The award is given to the top ten state vice-presidents nationwide.
- Recipient of the Charles E. Kulp, Jr. Memorial Award as an Outstanding Local President of the Year by The United States Junior Chamber for 2006. The award is given to the top twenty local presidents of the over 1,300 eligible local organizations nationwide.
- As President of the El Dorado Junior Chamber in 2006, the El Dorado chapter was ranked #1 in Arkansas, and for the first time, El Dorado was ranked #3 in the nation out of 1,300 local chapters.
- Arkansas Forestry Association
- Arkansas State University Alumni Association
- Camden Chamber of Commerce
- El Dorado Chamber of Commerce
- El Dorado Jaycees / El Dorado Junior Chamber
- First Presbyterian Church of El Dorado
- Golden Triangle Economic Development Council
- Louisiana Tech University Alumni Association
- National Rifle Association
- Smackover Chamber of Commerce
- South Arkansas Arts Center
- Union County Farm Bureau
- University of Mississippi Alumni Association